Winter: A Love Story.
While Holly prefers the heat of the summer months for Lou winter is where it is at. The combination of nailing a layered outfit, cosy nights in and the childish enjoyment of being able to see your steamy breath on the crisp mornings is just perfection.
Although we do have a fairly mild winter here in Perth there are still some things which really celebrate the winter months and because it isn’t an arctic tundra it is still enjoyable to go outside (even if just to show off your new I Love Mr Mittens purchase). For snow bunnies and summer lovers alike we have picked the 5 coolest things in Perth to check out this winter.
1. Mulled Wine at Petition: Sit in the foyer of the most beautiful building in Perth aka the Treasury building and warm your hands (and your soul) on a cup of steaming mulled wine. Not as aggressively sweet as most recipes so you won’t leave in a sugar coma. Add cheese for extra winter comfort points.
2. Ice skating at Sorrento Quay: We love a good pun and Sorrento Quay is currently running a Winter ‘Frostival’ skating rink. Whilst we are shocking at skating we highly recommend that you grab your gal pals (our first lady date was ice skating) and live out your Blades of Glory fantasies.
3. Baked cheese at Frisk: We don’t really need to say anything else other than baked cheese. Once you settle into this Northbridge bar with a whole wheel of baked cheese and some spiced gin you will be praying that winter never ends.
4. Hit up Northside books and curl up in one of their reading nooks: Northside is hands down the best bookshop in Perth. They have moved to a bigger premises (conveniently right next to Chicho Gelato) which has allowed for more room to lose yourself in this adorable store. Buy something inspiring and cosy up in one of their reading nooks while it rains outside.
5. Elizabeth Quay Pop Up Floating Bar: Every Friday this bar pops up in Elizabeth Quay to take you on a scenic float while you reward yourself for the week’s hard work. Totally free and docking every 30 minutes means this is a no brainer for us to start our weekends off right.
(Image by Kai Ridley)